Civic Brain equips governments with a suite of data-driven tools to understand citizens and drive meaningful, proactive engagement. Civic Brain uses geographic intelligence and data science to unlock a new generation of data-driven communication and outreach.
We currently partner with local governments in Latin America and the US.
It is a spin-off company of InstaGIS (500 Startups ‘13).
Civic Brain experience designers make the complex simple and know the details aren't the details, they are the product. Do you love to choreograph the dance of getting users from A to B? Are your instincts in touch with a higher power known as 'usability'? Well then you get that the best interactions aren't even noticed by a user because the design gets out of their way.
Chile is our current base and the our first market, but we plan to eventually expand to the rest of Latin America and the United States. We’re looking for experience designers who are excited to understand the nuances of different cultures, build new products that satisfy the needs of our users, and help governments worldwide create a more human relationship with their constituents.
Online portfolio required to apply.
- Partner with the product and the operation teams to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process
- Design elegant flows and interactions for the Latin American and American audience across platforms
- Align design choices with the ultimate mission of the company
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Demonstrate experience with end-to-end product design
- Have shipped product
- Read and write English to a high level
- Speak some Spanish
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Have experiences working in multicultural situations
- Based in Chile, but willing to travel for work purposes
- Speak fluent Spanish
What you get
- Dress however you like (except when meeting customers)
- A friendly and motivating work environment
- Flexible hours: you manage your time however you see fit
- Above-market wages
- Start-up like environment in a well-funded company
- Very close to a subway station (L1, Escuela Militar)
- Secure indoor bicycle parking
Acerca de Civic Brain (InstaGIS)
Empower your community with meaningful outreach — Perfil completo de Civic Brain (InstaGIS)