If you’re interested in being part of the world's leading microbial genomics company, join our team.
We're a company of bright and inspired individuals who want to change the world by using the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. Our mission is to enhance our collective understanding of the human microbiome by giving people the power to learn more about their bodies, and take steps to live better and healthier lives.
Launched in 2012 after a highly successful citizen science crowd-funding campaign, uBiome is now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, 8VC, and other leading investors.
We're looking for Postdocs to join our research team in Chile.
As a Postdoc you will be involved in the planning, designing and development of cutting edge microbiome-related research. Also you will be involved in generating new projects, writing papers and in the testing of new and existing customer facing applications. You will have an outstanding opportunity to be part of an international startup company with offices in Santiago and San Francisco.
It is expected that you have a PhD in natural sciences and carry out research and development in bioinformatics or experimental microbiology. Experience in Microbiology, Microbiome, Molecular Biology, metagenomics, comparative genomics and/or microbial population genetics is desirable. You should be able to start working immediately. Advanced English is needed (spoken and written).
You will be given important projects, and need to be able to do it in a deadline driven environment with little supervision. We need our Postdocs to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome.
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature.
- You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor.
- You can communicate both professionally and socially in English.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- You have the ability to solve problems with limited guidance.
- You’re independent and goal-oriented.
- You are able to write research papers.
- You are very compromised with the team research work.
- You have the ability to develop high-level research and work in a highly demanding, multidisciplinary and innovative team.
What we offer
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.
- The opportunity of profesional development with a recognized multidisciplinary research team.
We have a new lab equipped to perform cutting-edge microbiome research located at Fundación Ciencia y Vida (Ñuñoa) in Santiago Chile.
We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so we have snacks and you do not need to dress up or log your hours.
We have a comfortable, easy-to-reach office in Providencia, Santiago.
Applicants should submit
- Certificate of Doctoral Degree
- One page letter explaining your interest in joining uBiome´s bioinformatics or research lab team.
- Two recommendation letters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disabilities.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome