Join our team and be part of the world's leading microbial genomics company
We're a company of bright and inspired individuals who want to change the world by using the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. Our mission is to explore important research questions about the microbiome and to develop accurate and reliable clinical tests based on the microbiome.
Launched in 2012 after a highly successful citizen science crowd-funding campaign, uBiome is now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, 8VC, and other leading investors.
We're looking for three bioinformaticians / data scientists to join our bioinformatics R&D team in Santiago.
As a uBiome bioinformatician you will be involved in the planning, designing, and development of cutting edge microbiome-related research. You will also be involved in generating new projects, writing patents and papers, and in the testing of new and existing customer facing applications.
- Strong programming skills
- Extensive and demonstrated experience as code developer
- Devops skills and experience
Desired Qualifications and Capabilities
- Python programming
- Experience with big data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in english
- Available immediately
- Ability to work in a deadlines driven environment with little supervision. Our employees need to be versatile and eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature
- You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- You have the ability to solve problems with limited guidance
- You are able to write research papers
- You have the ability to develop high-level research and work in a highly demanding, multidisciplinary, and innovative team
What We Offer
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- The opportunity to be part of an international startup with offices in Santiago and San Francisco.
- The opportunity of professional development with a recognized multidisciplinary research and development team
- We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so we provide lunch and snacks and you do not need to dress up or log your hours
The Lab: We have a new lab equipped to perform cutting-edge microbiome research located at Fundación Ciencia y Vida (Ñuñoa, Santiago, Chile).
The Office: We have a comfortable, easy-to-reach office in Providencia, Santiago, Chile.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disabilities.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome