Join our team and be part of the world's leading microbial genomics company
We're a company of bright and inspired individuals who want to change the world by using the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. Our mission is to explore important research questions about the microbiome and to develop accurate and reliable clinical tests based on the microbiome.
Launched in 2012 after a highly successful citizen science crowd-funding campaign, uBiome is now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, 8VC, and other leading investors.
We're looking for two senior bioinformaticians to join our bioinformatics R&D team in Santiago.
As a uBiome bioinformatician / data scientist you will be involved in the planning, designing, and development of cutting edge microbiome-related research. You will also be involved in generating new projects, writing patents and papers, and in the testing of new and existing customer facing applications. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an international startup with offices in Santiago and San Francisco.
- PhD degree in natural sciences and/or computer sciences
- BSc and/or MSc degree in natural sciences and/or computer sciences with 5 year experience in bioinformatics / data science research
- Advanced English (spoken and written) - you can communicate both professionally and socially in English
Desired Qualifications and Capabilities
- Experience in one or more of: microbiome, machine learning, statistical genetics, algorithm development, data science, high performance computing, chemoinformatics, phylogenomics, metagenomics, comparative genomics, sequence and or structural analyses, structure and function prediction, rational protein design, rational drug design, virtual screening, molecular dynamics, homology modeling, and/or molecular docking
- Available immediately
- Ability to work in a deadlines driven environment with little supervision. Our employees need to be versatile and eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature
- You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- You have the ability to solve problems with limited guidance
- You are able to write research papers
- You have the ability to develop high-level research and work
What We Offer
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- The opportunity of professional development with a recognized multidisciplinary research and development team
- We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so we provide lunch and snacks and you do not need to dress up or log your hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disabilities.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome