We're building the world's leading microbial genomics company. Want to help?
We use the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. We're a team of brilliant, friendly people changing the world. Come join us!
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving consumers the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. µBiome was launched in 2012 after a crowdfunding campaign raised over $350,000 from citizen scientists. We are now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and several other leading investors.
Looking forward to our world expansion, we're looking for Data Science Engineers to join our engineering teams in Chile.
As a Software Developer Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for the planning, design and development of testing frameworks and tools for new and existing customer facing products. You will have an outstanding opportunity to be part of an international startup company with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Santiago.
You will build robust, scalable testing tools and solutions for large-scale cloud-based applications. You will be given impactful projects and collaborate directly with our development and product teams, founders and scientific teams to in a fast paced, creative startup environment.
We look for versatile, eager engineers to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome.
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
- You advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality in a highly collaborative product team.
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to drive you own project
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity
- You have at least 2 years of professional testing or quality analyst experience working with web applications and RESTful APIs
- You have excellent coding skills in Java and Python or a similar object oriented language and scripting language.
- You have experience working with TestNG or similar frameworks
- You have experience developing Selenium Webdriver based UI automation tests
- You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor
- You can communicate fluently both professionally and socially in English.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- You design frameworks or infrastructure to solve complex problems
- You are passionate about efficiency
- You’re independent and goal-oriented.
What we offer
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Work from home.
- Flexible work hours .
- Healthy snacks.
- Plenty of space to park your bike or car.
- Your own hardware setup.
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.
We have a comfortable, easy-to-reach office in downtown Santiago. We have snacks, comfortable furniture, and flexible working hours. You can work from home, or come in to the office when you like. We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so you do not need to dress up or log your hours. You are free to manage your work day, location, and times.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome