Nisum is a leading global digital commerce firm headquartered in California, with services spanning digital strategy and transformation, insights and analytics, blockchain, business agility, and custom software development. Founded in 2000 with the customer-centric motto “Building Success Together®,” Nisum has grown to over 1,800 professionals across the United States, Chile,Colombia, India, Pakistan and Canada. A preferred advisor to leading Fortune 500 brands, Nisum enables clients to achieve direct business growth by building the advanced technology they need to reach end customers in today’s world, with immersive and seamless experiences across digital and physical channels.
Nisum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Understand how to Install, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, testing environments
Working with cloud vendors like AWS or GCP
Working with cloud distributed file systems, data lakes, and data warehouses
Creating data pipelines to help with Internal and External analytics users
Define and implement database schemas and configurations working with our development teams
Optimize database performance by identifying and resolving application bottlenecks, tuning of DB queries, implementation of stored procedures, conducting performance tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
Work with and lead development team design and implement reporting capabilities
Implement solutions for database performance monitoring and tuning
Recommend operational efficiencies, eliminate duplicate work efforts and remove unnecessary complexities; create and implement new procedures and workflows
Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies
Utilize an understanding of Agile management to help the team with all release and configuration related tasks around software builds into preproduction and production environments.
We expect you to
Have broad knowledge of common infrastructure technologies such as web servers, load balancers, etc.
Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
Solid understanding of load balancing and high volume, high availability environments
Knowledge of SDLC and project management methodologies (JIRA experience is a plus)
Experience using both SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
Experienced in automation and automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.
Amazon: RDS, Aurora, Athena, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Neptune, Snowflake
Experience programming in Python.
Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
Experience with operational efficiency improvement initiatives
Experience with CSV (Computer Systems Validation)
Experience with JIRA, Confluence is a plus
- Belong to an international and multicultural company that supports diversity.
- Be part of international projects with a presence in North America, Pakistan, India and Latam.
- Work environment with extensive experience in remote and distributed work, using agile methodologies.
- Culture of constant learning and development in current technologies.
- Pleasant and collaborative environment, with a focus on teamwork.
- Access to learning platforms, Google Cloud certifications, Databricks, Tech Talks, etc.
- Being part of various initiatives and continuous participation in internal and external activities of innovation, hackathon, technology, agility, talks, webinars, well-being and culture with the possibility not only to participate but also to be an exhibitor.
- In case you reside in Chile or Colombia you will also have access to several benefits related to our centers :)!
Remoto sólo localmente
El trabajo es 100% remoto, pero los candidatos deben residir en Sudamérica para postular.